Welcome

Here you will find all kinds of snippets of our lives. Team Crothers are followers of Jesus and strive daily to emulate this.







Saturday, October 21, 2006

Firsts Firsts and more Firsts


There are all kinds of Firsts going on in our household! Starting with Paige she learned to ride her Bike without training wheels on Oct. 12th. She told Tim she wasn't going to ride her bike again until he took them off. So he said OK and took them off. I kid you not I have never seen someone learn to ride a bike as fast as she did. Literally maybe 5 min. I was lucky enough to get it on video. Tim walked with her once around the circle (in front of our house) and then turned around to tell me to start recording which I already was and she just took off without him. It was so funny. I said um Tim she took off and he turned around and she was gone half way around the circle and that was it. We never had to help her again. Now she is out there riding everyday.

Simon also has a first. One week after Paige got her training wheels off he begged Tim to take the training wheels off his small bike (we got him a bigger bike for his birthday with training wheels but he can't touch the ground as good as on the little one, so, for no wheels it had to be the little one). We didn't do it for a couple days but he kept begging. So once again Tim said OK and took them off. Same thing he walked once around the circle with Simon and then Tim had to leave for a few minutes. While he was gone Simon just kept trying all by himself and with in about 5 minutes he had it. So he learned to ride a bike on Oct. 18th. Now he is trying to do poppa wheelies and ride up and off the curb. Paige goes up and off the curbs too. Those are the times when as a mother I have to look the other way or I will stress out that they are going to crash and I have to trust that if they fall they will just hop back up.

Nixon has a couple firsts. He has his first tooth coming in. It started to break through a couple weeks ago. He is handling it pretty well. He had about 2 days at first that were kind of rough but smooth sailing since. He also got to eat food for the first time. He still doesn't know what to think of it. It's just rice cereal so not too much taste to it. Out of all 3 he is the one that isn't just taking right to it. He was really watching us eat all the time so I thought I better feed the little guy some food. It's only been for a week or so but he really just kind of pushes it all back out and then when he does swallow some he does a fake cough. It's pretty cute. The other two took to it right away but he seems to not care too much. He'll get it. Although I think I am not offering it to him as much as I did the other two. I am in such a routine that I sort of forget to add that in. For now he doesn't need it for nourishment which is good. He's not in need of any calories that's for sure. He has also found his voice which means it's time to go to the nursery during church. He usually naps during church so we just keep him with us. But the last couple times he has decided he needs to talk along with the Pastor. I can't believe he is already 6 months old. We are truly enjoying being the parents of 3 I wouldn't trade it for anything.

A short update on Tim....
He is now out of the boot and off crutches for the most part. Unless he has a rough day then he will put it back on for a day or so. He has been driving for a few weeks now which is nice. He has even been crazy enough to hop back on his bicycle and drove his motorcycle around the block. He has been taking it slow though which is a must. He is glad to take that boot off even though he still can't walk normal yet. It's a longer process than we thought but the hard part is over. In 3 weeks he will have 2 screws taken out and then go back into the dreaded boot for a little while. Overall he is doing really well for what he has gone through.

As for me I can't think of any firsts but I can't think either!

No comments: