Welcome

Here you will find all kinds of snippets of our lives. Team Crothers are followers of Jesus and strive daily to emulate this.







Friday, March 28, 2008

Trip of a Lifetime

Tim and I got to spend a weekend in Washington DC. Somewhere I have always wanted to go so it was a dream come true for me. I also need to thank our good friend Wayne for letting us stay the weekend with him and being our tour guide. It wouldn't have been able to happen if it wasn't for him!

I can't even convey to you how much I loved it and all that we saw in just 2 days. I can say I could barely walk on that plane to go home. I think we walked more there than we did in Disneyland last summer.

We got to see all the major stuff and I am only putting just a few pictures on here of what we saw. It was stormy the whole time but we didn't care we got soaked and had fun and loved every minute of it. It did however get sunny just for a short time which happened to be when we went to the White House so I got some great pictures of it nice and clear. See how sunny it was. Not just 20 min. before that it was down pouring rain heavy and it started back up about a half hour after we took these pictures.

The back of the White House / The Front of the White House

Some other things we drove or walked by were the Pentagon (by accidentally taking a wrong turn), Capital Building, Library of Congress, Dept. of Agriculture, IRS, DOD, GSA, Federal Reserve and many more. The things we went into or up to were, The White House, Iwo Jima Memorial, WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam War Memorials, Arlington National Cemetery, walked The Mall, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Thomas Jefferson Memorial, Regan International Trade Center, The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, National Archives with the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights. I am sure I am forgetting some places but you get the idea we squeezed a lot in for just 2 days.

Lincoln Memorial




The Washington Monument



Iwo Jima Memorial




Part of the Korean War Memorial (after seeing all the War Memorials this sure does ring true).



Part of the Vietnam Memorial Wall-so many names.


Thomas Jefferson Memorial




The Beautiful Capitol Building day and night.



How is this for a diamond ladies. This is the Hope Diamond. Deep blue in color and very large!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm not saying I miss the ENTIRE East Coast, but I do miss going to D.C. and NYC. So much history.