Welcome

Here you will find all kinds of snippets of our lives. Team Crothers are followers of Jesus and strive daily to emulate this.







Friday, September 05, 2008

Big day of Firsts

Well Tuesday was a big day for the Crothers Household. Simon started Kindergarten, Paige 3rd grade and drum roll please........ Tim had his first day at work at Chief!



Paige and Simon all ready for their big day! Paige picked out a Hannah Montana shirt and Simon a Star Wars shirt.



Simon loves his new teacher and class and wishes he could stay all day.



Paige was a bit nervous the night before but she said she loves her new teacher and classmates!


So now to the part of Tim making Chief. We went out of town to Las Vegas for about 9 days. Two days before we left to come home his Chief called and congratulated him that he was making Chief on Sept. 1st. We were hoping he was going to make it but we thought IF he did it would be in Dec. We were pleasantly surprised that 1. He made it and 2. he made it now not later. He made it off the test he took in May 2007 so it's been a good 15 months of waiting.



They had a ceremony where Tim's Chief and I got to pin on his anchors.



And they had Paige put on his cover (hat) with his new anchor pin on it. Talk about warmed my heart to see our little girl get to take part in her Daddy's advancement. I am so glad I kept her out of school today for it. The boys were right by her side.



Here is our Chief. One of the guys asked Paige if she knew her Daddy no longer had a first name it's just Chief now.



Off with the old (bye bye crows)


And on with the new (hello anchors)


It was neat to be there today and see people walk by him and say, "Hi Chief". For the last 14 years whenever I have been to his work I have always seen him address every single Chief that has walked by and I myself have always called his Chiefs Chief. Now it was everyone that walked by saying hi Chief to him. His Captain came over and talked with us afterward and he said he wanted to come congratulate me and said he knows that no one makes Chief all by themselves. That was really nice of him and I greatly appreciate him telling me that.

We will now be in Seattle for 4 more years. Once he made Chief we have to be transferred and luckily for us there was one other Chief position open at another unit in Seattle and they decided to move him to that office. Otherwise we would be packing up and moving in a couple weeks.

I want to shout out a Congratulations to our good buddy Wayne, he also made Chief the same day Tim did and we are hoping he gets transferred to Seattle.

And to Tim, I love you and am proud to be at your side.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally tearing up with Paige placing Tim's hat on with the anchors!!! I don't know how you held it together Ang. :-) I've said it already but Tim I am SO PROUD of you, I know how hard you've worked for this. Love you guys!

903john said...

CHIEF Crothers
Congraulations Chief I look forward to your CCTI this fall. Now the real work begins. Everyone below you is looking up to you and AT you for advice and guidence, everyone above you is looking At you and wanting your expert advice based on your years of knowlege, and most important never forget where you came from. One more thing. Some people might say you're a new Chief. NO you ARE a CHIEF in the UNITED STATES COAST GUARD wear it proudly. Iam very proud of you my friend and am honored to welcome you into the Chief's corps.
John D. Stevens, MKC, U.S. Coast Guard (Retired).

Anonymous said...

Tim . . . Wow, how awesome for you to have the gratification of years of hard work. Angie, I know that he wouldn't be where he is without your support. Congratulations to you both, I am very proud of you. To Paige, darling placing your Daddy Chief's hat on his head is an awesome priviledge and something you will remember for the rest of your life. You are such a good girl! Love to you all, very much. Mama Gayleen