Off to the dinner. I love getting to see him in his more formal uniform!
At the dinner.

Tim's mom and I got to pin on his anchors that go on his collars.

They had the spouses go up and they gave us a letter of recognition. They said they know that these Chief's didn't make it to that point in their career on their own. It was really nice. They also gave us a pin (same as the ones they wear on their collars). However we the spouses out rank our husbands by one rank and ours are black instead of gold like the special operations wear. It was pretty funny and meaningful at the same time.

Tim's parents and brother and his wife came.
And our good friend John came also. He is a retired Chief of the Coast Guard. We met him at our very first unit in Alaska 14 years ago. It was neat having him there. He was actually Tim's boss way back then when Tim was brand new out of boot camp. I know he enjoyed seeing Tim reach this milestone in his career.
3 comments:
WAY TO GO TIM!!! :-)
Angie - LOVE the outranking pin! Too funny.
Love you guys,
Brook
Thanks for including us in this special night! We LOVED being part of it all. Way to go, Tim! We are so proud of you! -Steve & Jaime-
Tim ... I am so proud of you. I can still remember the day you stood in our kitchen telling us your plans to go into the Coast Guard. You have come such a long way, and really, in such a short amount of time. Angie, I know at times, it's not been easy (we girls do like to know we are safe and can count on what's going on tomorrow ~~ something that is not always afforded you in the CG) but you've been a real support. Way to Go, both of you. We love you all so much and am very thankful for you.
Post a Comment