(A tad bit out of order) :-)
Tim has been gone a lot. He has been down in Portland, Oregon for a barge situation that was leaking oil and a big mess basically, on the Columbia River. He was down there 2 1/2 weeks came home for a week.... is back down there now for a week... will come home for 2 weeks... then back down there for another week. Probably more after that but that's as far out as the schedule goes at the moment. He is the finance guy and now I think finance and logistics. They combined the two positions and are rotating the people. At least this time he is only 3 hours away so we have gotten to see him for a few visits.
First visit with Dad! Boy were the kids excited to go see him!
Second visit with Dad! This time in a different hotel that was more like a condo!
No wonder they were so quiet all of a sudden. Very into their video games! Two peas in a pod!
Other news, is Simon is at the end of his first basketball season! That has been fun!
He scored the first point in his first game which was fun to watch!!
I have been a proud Mama watching him learn basketball.
A lot of doctor appointments for the kids. Nixon had ear drops for 30 days before his tough ear infection finally cleared up. Simon has feet like his Dad (flat) so we had that looked into and has an eye appointment coming up. We had a double ER visit for Nixon and Paige. Nixon stuck a plastic pellet BB thing up his nose and it got stuck (he won't do that again I guarantee, was not fun having it taken out!) and Paige's foot was sore and bruised. Since I had to take him in I figured well we should have her foot looked at, she had bent it under two nights before. Good thing I took her in she had broke her big toe! Whoops! I did the good ol'mom thing of oh you're fine it's probably just bruised. Then after her limping good for two days and her littlest brother deciding to do what he did we found out it was a broken toe. It's still black and blue and it's been a week and a half. Hey, to my defense I got the bruised part right at least! She is now in a special shoe and on crutches for a few weeks. We have used wheel chairs and motorized carts at the store. I have to say she is a good driver and it's kinda nice not having to push a grocery cart!
She started out in a splint from the ER for a few days til we got into the specialist.
Then moved into a special shoe and crutches.
I got to go with Simon on a field trip to the State Capitol which was so much fun. I love that kind of stuff. Aunt Jaime and cousin Emma got to go too!
In January Paige got a new bedroom! She now has nice shelves to display all her horses. Pretty much that whole area you see in the picture used to be all a queen bed. It took up the whole room!
Now she has a twin loft bed and tons of room! That whole area used to be a big long dresser which took up the whole other half of the room. She only had a little space between the old dresser and bed and that was pretty much it.
In January (before Tim left) he took the kids skiing for a second time and they had a blast. Paige had one good spill but didn't get hurt. She was laughing today because she took a big fall skiing (scroll down you will see it) and didn't get hurt but she managed to break her toe getting off the couch!
They are like their Dad and loves it! Now he has permanent skiing buddies!
This is what happens when Dad and Paige both manage to read the map wrong and the 3 of them ended up on the wrong lift and found themselves at the top of a blue square hill (not a beginner green circle hill). Paige couldn't stop and went out of bounds and over a cliff and praise the Lord for these bushes or she would have been way down the side. She was stuck! Arms, legs, poles, skis, all stuck in different spots. She couldn't even move.
Big fall and all and Simon being pretty scared to go down that big hill they had a great day!
Well that brings us up to date! Yay me I am all caught up! Until tomorrow which starts a new month! HAHA
1 comment:
What a great update! I feel like I was there the whole time! Love you all and see you soon.
Love, Daddy/hubby
Post a Comment