I had started this post back in Feb. but then all the stuff with my Mom happened so some of this is old.
I got this for Christmas from Mom and Larry and love it!! I actually have found lots of matches since I don't have to wade through big piles in my cupboard.
Ummm with all that's gone on I can't remember what this was for but its a cool picture of my guys with a flag in the background!
It was fun for me to get to watch them. This was about half way through their training for a half marathon on April 9.
in the cold :)
And finished! I am so proud of them for putting in all the work they are training for the half one coming up.
C'mon cool photo opp with giant chocolate bar how cool is that?!I think it was 2 days later and I got the call from my Mom that she was in the hospital so these next set of pictures are from while we were out in Oregon and some of when just I was out there. It was a hard month for our family we had 5 deaths in 4 weeks. The day I flew home I went to the internment ceremony for my Great Uncle Tom, he passed 2 days before my Mom, my Aunt's father passed 2 days before Tom. The day after I got to my Grandma's her sister's husband passed away, they were married 73 years and are such a wonderful couple. My sweet Grammy, as always, did such a wonderful job of managing all of us at once with all our losses and keeping everyone informed and prayed for! So, it was an emotional time for us all but I am thankful I got to spend time with my family and be there to support them in their time of sorrow as they were there for me at the same time.
Paige loves Bob's Red Mill products so she was very happy to get to go there.
Man do I love these two people! They are both solid rocks in my life. I love you Tim and Grammy!
Our boys haven't seen real snow in about 4 years so they were very excited that Mt. Hood had snow when we drove over it to get to my Mom.
My cousin Zach and Robin came too from San Fransico but I didn't get a picture with them. :(
Tim was able to take the kids out hiking for an afternoon to give them a bit of a break from all that was going on.
Both boys helped a lot at the house. We had two burn barrels going to burn lots and lots of paperwork we didn't need to keep but couldn't just throw away. The dog in the picture is Peanut Butter and we met her 4 years ago when we stopped on our way to GTMO and enjoyed her this time. She lives next door to my Mom but she bounces between three of the houses and kinda watches them all. Once I found a place for all 4 of my Mom's cats I went ahead and let Peanut Butter in the house. It was comforting to have her pop in and out while I was by myself trying to sort through stuff. Almost like she was checking in on me to see if I was ok.
This is my Auntie Pam, my Mom's sister. There are not enough words to express how much I love her! She put her whole life on hold to be there for my Mom and then stay there with me.
This is my cousin Noel and Kristina and Lawson. They came twice, once to see my Mom and then again for the memorial service.
My cousin Zach was trying to make it back for the service also but weather didn't allow it. As much as I would have loved to see Zach and Robin again it was smart not to try and come, the morning of her service was snowy and then the next couple days all the passes were really bad.
Lawson is my new buddy! It was so nice having him there for the service especially since my own kids couldn't be there. He just lightened the mood. We all stayed in the same house for the weekend and first thing in the morning he was calling out my name. At the luncheon after my Mom's service I was sitting by him and moved to the next table for a moment to visit with people and he peeked around the person and pointed to the seat next to him telling me I needed to come back and sit by him. It was cute and he is a very sweet boy. If you need to know anything about Thomas the Train he's your person.
Mom and Larry came also but somehow I didn't get a picture with them either. :(
This is my Great Uncle Arnie, my Grandfather's brother. He lives in CA but Tom, his partner passed two days before my Mom. They had been together about 60 years. He brought Tom's ashes up to be put in the mauselium where a number of my family are. We had a small internment service for Tom and then some of the family gathered at Grammy's house. Then I flew out late that night.
This is Craig, he is a close friend of Uncle Arnie, like a son really. I would say he is now a friend of all of us too. He was so kind to drive him up to Oregon. He also was nice enough to drive all around Portland for us for errands and things that needed to be done, including me to the airport.
This is my Uncle Dick, my Dad's brother and their cousin Marian. She is always such a sweetheart and a kick in the pants.
I am thankful that in the midst of all the chaos, heart ache and turmoil of what was going on for me that I got to spend some time with my family. It's really hard living far away from all our family. So, although I wish I had been out there under different circumstances for myself and them, I am still thankful I got some quick visits in with some of our family.
Never mind the fact that a few minutes before this our slider glass door got broke and shattered! Oh well, add it to the list of stuff to be done lol! Thank goodness for double pane windows there is still a pane there while we wait to get it fixed.
I am still working on all my Mom's stuff. I will take whatever progress I can get. Waiting to close on the house, I finally got through to the IRS so, I should know that total in a couple weeks, still waiting for a couple more things but it is moving along which is a good thing. Each week things get a tad easier. One of these days I will make it through church without crying! I am just so blessed by the depth of God's love.
And finally here is your funny Tucker picture for this post! He always sits like this and it always makes us laugh.



































No comments:
Post a Comment