Welcome

Here you will find all kinds of snippets of our lives. Team Crothers are followers of Jesus and strive daily to emulate this.







Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birthday, Wild Waves and Much More Fun

We did Wild Waves and wow was it fun. We ended hitting an over cast day so it was a little on the chilly side but not enough to stop us from having fun. Her cousin Yana and her host mom and sister met us there. (as a side note I just found out that they are distant cousins there Grandmas are sisters I thought it was there moms, either way they are good buddies).


Yes that is them right in the middle upside down.
Tim, Paige, Masha and Yana!



I called this the para sailing ride. I have to say for a kid ride it got me pretty good. I rode it with Nixon and lets just say I was ready to get off by the end. Dizzy!



Mid part of the day we hit the water!



We ended the day back in our nice warm clothes and rode more dry rides. The last one was one of Masha's favorite the Kangaroo ride. It really was fun I laughed so hard. It bounces you really hard.



We had Yana stay two nights and they played the Wii a lot. Masha actually got sick of playing it and Yana never wanted to stop. It was fun to hear the girls just chatting away in Russian.



Thank you Barb and Dave for the incredible birthday party that Masha will remember her entire life. For those of you who don't know our friend Barb she can really throw an awesome themed kid's party! Thank you for that party for Masha that is a gift that goes beyond words to thank you for.



She got a Mariners shirt which of course made Tim happy. It wasn't from us either FYI. She wouldn't let us take her to a game (we have been told most the kids actually don't like baseball) but she wore that shirt for 3 days straight and one night I know she slept in it. She knows that's Tim's favorite team.



Her friends from Belarus that came to the party. They were all so cute just giggly girls having fun.



She got a kick out of blowing out the candles on her cake.



The party was a carnival theme with 10 or more games for the kids to play and win prizes. Cotton candy, popcorn, corn dogs, hot dogs, pretzels, all kinds of good carnival food and fun!

I have some more pictures to post that I haven't downloaded yet, we squeezed in one last trip to Yakima last weekend. Please keep us in your prayers as Masha goes home this Sunday. It is going to be a very hard emotional time for us all. She wants to stay and of course we would love for her to stay but we also know she has a loving family at home that misses her. So we are hoping and praying that the Lord works it out so we can have her back next summer. She really is now a part of our family. Thanks again for all your help and prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chief Crothers,
I was so pleased to learn that we bothed advanced to Chief the same day. I look forward to attending the Chief's Academy with you and hopefully getting stationed near year once again. Hello to Angie and the kids and take care.
Chief Long