A week before Masha got here I looked at all the kids online to see if any other girls her age were coming from her village. I only found one. So I told myself I am sure they are friends it's a small village so make sure to make contact with that host family. (We have a list of all 80 families info). So at the airport we were waiting next to this other family (you can see where it's going) and they had two girls the same age as Nixon and Simon so they were all keeping each other entertained while we were waiting about and hour and a half to get our Belorussian kiddos. So we got talking and it's their first time hosting also and turns out yes you guessed it they are hosting Yana. The girl I found online. Oh the story gets so much better. Glory to God. So we have been talking and setting up dates to get the girls together. This last week they had Masha over for a sleepover with Yana (we missed her greatly) and they had an interpreter there for dinner that night and they were talking with the girls and it turns out they are cousins!!! How cool is that. Their Mom's are sisters. The interpreter also told us they were very concerned about Yana and Masha because on the bus they looked absolutely terrified and just hung on to each other and kind of stayed in the back and didn't' really talk to anyone. So they were concerned that the girls were going to have a tough time. Both girls are doing awesome. And both girls told the interpreter they love their host families. Yay. Yay God for taking care of these girls. The other host family are Christians also which is cool. Not all host families are. I just had to share that story. Isn't it just so awesome how He lays things all out even the tiny details to take care of us. I will never stopped being amazed by Him and thankful to Him.
Yana and Masha (they are very close)
Okay here are some fun pictures. We got some site seeing in last weekend.
Swimming at our community pool
We rode the monorail to the Space Needle
The view from the top of the Space Needle
A water fountain in downtown Seattle ( we couldn't get her to run in it)
We stopped at Kerry Park (I think that's how it's spelled)
This park is the best spot on a clear day to get a picture of the Space Needle and Mt. Rainer at the same time.
And we will end it with a shot of tonights water gun fight. I believe Tim may have initiated it and then disappeared to our bedroom and I was left with 4 kids shooting water all over the house while trying to make dinner. I finally got them outside and it was crazy. Nixon was soaked and they had a blast.
Thank you Christina for the water guns we will bring them camping!
Hope you all have a great 4th of July. Masha will get to meet our parents we are heading over there for the 4th. Check back in a week or so and there should be new updates on here!
No comments:
Post a Comment