Tim was supposed to be in training Monday through Wednesday so I bought an airline ticket to go with him. We got there Sunday around 11am and rented a car and went straight to a Rockies baseball game! Monday morning we called for directions to his class and they informed us it had been canceled! They had left him a message on the wrong phone number and said they emailed him but he never got the email. So that meant we got to do and see a whole lot more. Cost us more too since it now wasn't all on the Coast Guard's bill but we won't talk about that! :-) We had a blast. I have to say wow it is hard to breath there and you can get altitude sickness pretty quick and easy. Luckily we just got a few head aches but we were huffing and puffing everywhere we walked. They say it takes about 2 weeks to adjust. I really noticed the difference when we got home how much easier it was to breath.
The trip was a blessing for Tim and I since he is now gone for 2 months to Mississippi to help with the oil spill. We got home Thursday afternoon and he left Friday morning. It all happened pretty fast. He found out right before we left for Denver that he had to go. So it is a bit sad around our house right now. The kids now have a better understanding of how long it is since he was gone 3 months the last time. I think that made it harder to say goodbye. But we will make it!
Here are some fun pictures of our trip.
Coors Field-It was crazy hot. It was faith Sunday so Jeremy Camp performed after the game it was awesome.
This was at a place called Daniel's Park. It over looked a valley so we could get a good picture of the terrain. (Thanks Brook for the tip!)
Aren't they just cute or what?!
We went to an Alpine Slide and this is the gondola taking us up! The slide weaves back and forth down the whole mountain side.
You ride on a toboggan type thing with a stick to go faster or slower. It was fast and awesome we both loved it.
Can't go to Denver with out touring Coors Brewery. They really hand it out there too. This was the one taste test you got in the middle and then you end in a lounge and they give you 3 free full size beers to drink. Not sure how they expect people to drive home. Needless to say Tim didn't have all 3 of his since he was the driver.
We went out to Lookout Mountain and found where Buffalo Bill and his wife are buried. I was so excited I love that kind of stuff. I love to be where I know people in history once stood. I suppose he may not of stood here since he is buried here though huh?
More stuff right up my alley. Here I was walking where someone in history had. We toured the old Victorian home of "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" you know the one who survived the Titanic! Fun fact she never went by Molly her name was Margarete, Hollywood gave her the name Molly. Very impressive all that she did for women and children and charities and things. The Titanic stuff sort of overshadows all that she did but she was an important person in American History.
Even more up my alley we toured Hammond's Candy Factory!!!!! How can you not be happy surrounded by CANDY!!!!!!!!! I had a backpack I brought back just carefully packed with lolly pops and other breakable candies for the kids! It all made it home in once piece too.
Thanks for checking our blog. I won't send out reminders as often but check back here and there Tim said he may post every once in a while about what he is doing in Mississippi with the oil spill stuff. I probably won't post again til the first day of school pictures are taken! Which is coming up very fast. I need to get back into school routine mode!
1 comment:
My FAVORITE post ever!! :o) So fun to see all the pictures of you guys there. I MISS DENVER! Glad you guys had a great time.
Love,
Brook
Post a Comment