In Loving Memory
of
William J. Richmond
Our Grandpy
I love this picture of him. I don't know what it is about this picture except it feels so real and comforting to look at. Like I am face to face with him. This out of all pictures I have seen of him is just amazing.
Most of you know who Grandpy is but if you don't he is my (Angie's) Grandpa, our Grandpa. My Dad's Dad.
I have a ton of what I would like to say but probably won't be able to see the computer screen through the tears, so bare with me!
Grandpy went to be with the Lord on Feb. 3, 2012, at the age of 86. It actually came unexpected and fairly fast but I did have the chance to get down there the day before he joined Jesus. What started out as a UTI turned into a Kidney infection and rapidly into Kidney failure and septic shock which caused his body to shut down.
I got to sit with him through the night for a few hours just the two of us while others napped and then with him and my Dad for a few more hours while my Grammy and Aunt rested. He was not awake but the nurse said he could hear us but was unresponsive. When I first got there he would scrunch his eye brows but couldn't respond more than that. I am thankful that I got the time to just sit and hold his hand and talk to him. The following day was spent with lots of family and friends and many prayer times. So many wonderful people came in, especially from their church to pray for him and support Grammy and our family. We have a pretty big, close family, so we took up a whole family waiting room plus Grandpy's ICU room. He passed the second day I was there at 7:20pm. I can't even put into words at the moment the experience of it all. Hard, emotional, sad but happy he wasn't in pain anymore, spiritual. God drew us all close to Him. Tim and the kids came down that night and then Paige and I stayed the week to help with all the plans and service. My Aunt and Uncle, Cousin and her two little girls stayed there also. As tough as a time it was it was nice to get to spend time with family that I haven't had the chance to since I was a kid. The service was wonderful their church did such a great job for us. Thank you for all your help Milwaukie Covenant Church. To all my family I love you all so very much, Richmond's, Nutbrock's, Sion's, Peck's and all of us married with different last names now!
Grandpy we love you and miss you and thank you for the wonderful Christian example you are to us. For the example of how to be a Husband, Father, Grandpa, Great-Grandpa,Uncle, Brother, your work ethic and devotion to family and people in general.
Grammy you are amazing and wonderful. You continue to show us how to trust God even in the toughest of times. We love you so much and are here for you for anything you need! Thank you for allowing us to come along side you.
Here are some fun pictures that their church put in a slide show for us, these are just a few:
![]() |
| Grandpy is the older one and the younger one is Uncle Arnie. Aren't they so cute?! |
![]() |
| Grammy and Grandpy |
![]() |
| Angie and Grandpy, she is wearing his boots. |
![]() |
| Sitting at his spot at the table in the kitchen |








1 comment:
What a beautiful tribute to Grandpy!
love, Jaime
Post a Comment