Welcome

Here you will find all kinds of snippets of our lives. Team Crothers are followers of Jesus and strive daily to emulate this.







Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pictures of our House and where we live in GTMO

A lot of you have been asking for pictures of our house and the area we live in so you can see where we are and what our home looks like.  I have almost all the pictures hung and the kids' room are finished.  The only room not done is Tim and my bedroom but that's always the last to get done.  I still have 2 small suitcases from our trip I need to find homes for the contents.  It's mostly paperwork and electronic stuff we took with us like our external hard drive with all our pictures on it and things like that.  So in the picture of our room it's not as organized and clean as the others yet!  It's all on the dresser though so that's good.  So here we go with a tour of our house and then I will end with some pics of the area and some main parts of GTMO. I would say town but there really isn't a downtown or anything, unless you consider the store and the movie theater downtown then that's where it would be.  All three kids have started soccer so I will include those too.  Man it's hot out there too they are troopers.  Paige learned real fast after the first practice how important it is to keep hydrated here for sports!  She kept getting dizzy and having to sit down.  But last night we made sure she drank lots of water before hand and it helped that it was in the evening instead of morning.  Ok here we go there are about 50 pictures!!

Coming into our neighborhood
Villamar 

They have these pretty signs for all the housing areas.  It has a scuba diver under a coral reef on ours each one is a different picture in the oval.

This is turning into the entrance of our neighborhood

This is our place Villamar 2228A.  It is a duplex so the window on the far right is not ours.  The line between those windows at the top shows where ours ends.  The little window to the right of the door is our laundry room. Simon and Nixon's are the top windows.

This is our entry way.  Paige put the white board behind the front door so she they can write where they are for us.  Also my sister in law gave me that photo of our kids and their cousins boots one year.  I thought the perfect place for it was over the shoe rack!

So from the entry was to the left is the kitchen.  We have a fridge and full size freezer.

Also there is the "Family Room".  Most people make this their dining room but we did it for the video games and second tv.  Kind of nice since I spend so much time in the kitchen the kids can be right there.  So that window is the front window.


The main hallway


To the right of the front door is the laundry room.  They provide those washer and dryers!  Wow do they work way faster than mine!!



Next down the right side of the hallway is a bathroom

This is what we made the dining room it's got a swinging door to the kitchen.

The dining room flows into the living room and to the right of that window which looks into the backyard is the back door.

This is the living room

At the end of the hall by the living room are the stairs

The stairs are split so there is a little landing in the middle

Up stairs hallway.  Paige is the first on right then ours, Nixon's is first on left then closet then Simon's and at the end their bathroom.

Paige's room

More of her room

She somehow got all her clothes in her dresser and has made her closet a "hang out" spot with her little TV in there!

Tim and my room.  I had another pic but it didn't upload.  We have a closet to the left the length of the room and then a little dresser next to the bed by the window.


Master bathroom!  Somehow right before we moved I found a shower curtain to match my 6 year old bedspread!




Nixon's room

The rest of Nixon's room

Simon's room

The rest of  Simon's room.  Before we left we bought him and Paige these great little desks and chairs at IKEA.  Nixon got Paige's old one.

The kids' bathroom. They chose owls for this one!

This was our back yard it's now under construction


We put up some rope lights on the back porch and then once the yard is done we have tiki torches to put along the cement there.  I got the tiki torches not only for ambiance but also for the citronella to repel the mosquitoes which are bad once dusk hits.  There is a fan with a light there but it is bright and the rope lights are just right.


They are extending our yard about 20ft right now.  I will post pics when it's done. 
 Many Neighborhood Parks
The kids have given each park a name so I know which one they are at.  They are all within walking distance and the kids can go there by themselves.
They call this yellow park

They call this swing park because it has a chair swing

We actually haven't named this one yet.

This is Dino Park and the closest to our house.  They like it cuz it reminds them of the slide at the park by their school back in Renton

This is Sherman Ave. the main road

Getting close to the store there is McDonalds on the right

This is our Church

This is our store

another part of Sherman Ave.

Paige at soccer.  We have an awesome sports facility with professional quality stuff.  This is the track and field it's AstroTurf.  There are also really nice baseball fields and they are building the youth 2 fields and indoor soccer arena.

Simon at his soccer practice

Nixon at his practice

This is a beach we just tried it's called Windmill beach and one of the detainee camps is next to it.

Paige at Windmill beach

Nixon doing what he does best!  Digging in the sand!

Simon and I went out on our body boards for a little while.  I knew there was a reason I drug those things back from Maui in our suitcases we can use them now!
 Some wild animals and nice views

These big Turkey Vultures are everywhere.  Kinda scary looking sitting atop the light posts looking down at ya!

This big guy went running across our lawn last weekend

This is my view out the front window.  I sit on the end of the blue couch with a cup of coffee and my Bible once the kids and Tim are off at 7:15am.  Then off to the gym.  I am trying to make that my habit and daily ritual.  So far I have done it everyday this week.  I had to force myself to go the gym this morning it was very tempting to just keep sitting with my kitties asleep next to me on the couch.

We get some gorgeous colored skies here this is out our back yard.  Looked like fire in the sky.

I will end with this one.  I looked up from the bleachers during soccer practice last night and there was a cloud shaped just like a heart next to the Church Steeple.  God shows up and reminds us of his love everywhere!
 This is a longer post than normal because of all the house pictures.  But now you all see where we live!!  Miss you all greatly!  Hope life back in the states is going good!

1 comment:

Kim Lesnick said...

Hello Crothers family. It is great to hear that you made it through the hurricane ok. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday Angie! Tyler and I really enjoyed seeing you guys last summer!