Welcome

Here you will find all kinds of snippets of our lives. Team Crothers are followers of Jesus and strive daily to emulate this.







Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Jan.-Feb. 2017

January started out with a couple snow days and no school after only being back form Christmas break for 1 day!  Of course, now, it's just a constant back and forth of 30 degree difference in less than 24 hours. It will go from high 20's and 30's to the 60's then the 40's and up to high 70's then back down.  Crazy!! It's making allergies go nuts and colds and flu's are just going round and round everywhere.

Nixon especially, took advantage of the snow days and enjoyed the snow for many many hours.  It ended up more than we expected and stayed for a couple days.

Nixon had a blast

He spent hours out there by himself just having a grand ol time!

Simon went out for a bit too.  Paige, nope she doesn't like snow!

Snow day

Piper's 1st time in the snow and she wanted nothing to do with it! 

What to do when the water on top of your pool cover has frozen solid?  Get some hammers and go smash it for fun!  Why not?

Awe, Nixon getting some cuddle time with Tucker!

Teenagers not wanting their picture taken!  Ha, whatever gonna take a picture anyways! :)

Nixon received the citizenship award for his class for second quarter.  Good job buddy!

Simon went on a run with Tim :)

Hey, when your lawn is dead and brown just spray paint it green!  Just kidding it, was pre-emergent weed control but I just thought it looked so funny like we painted our dead lawn.

Nixon tried sushi for the first time and loved it. Veggie California roll.

Piper is my laundry assistant! Well, more like entertainment and distraction.  She goes crazy trying to attack the laundry through the holes as I take it out to wash.

3 states in less than 24 hours, on a school night even! From our house we can get to Mississippi or Arkansas in just under an hour.

Toby Mac, our absolute favorite Christian music artist came our way!  The kids have been waiting years to see him and this was one of their Christmas presents.  Opening night of his hits deep live tour on Thursday Feb. 9th. in Southaven Mississippi. Kids were a bit tired for school the next day but so worth it!

Amazing show with an amazing line up!  Not only did we get a full Toby Mac concert, we got:
Hollyn, Capital Kings, Mac Powell, Matt Maher, Mandisa and Ryan Stevenson.  They all brought it, especially Capital Kings, Wow!

Hollyn-One of Paige's favorites!  If you haven't checked her out do so, she is awesome!

Mac Powell-lead singer of Third day.  Always a great show from him.

Our Fav TobyMac! Besides being awesome and talented himself, he does such a great job of giving up and coming Christian artists a platform to showcase their talent!

The next night we were off to Arkansas to buy Simon a new Trumpet.  He starts high school next year and needed the next level up instrument.  He is in it for the long hall and enjoying it.  He joined the Jazz band this year on top of regular band.  His teacher pulled me aside to let me know he is really good which absolutely warmed my heart.

Our little Piper is just so funny!  She sat there for a while like that.  She will just sit places with her little paws hanging over things like that, the couch or stairs.  She is just adorable!

A couple new drawings Nixon asked me to post.  They are from a cartoon/game him and his friend like. I don't know how he can just look at a picture and replicate it perfectly but he does! I am always impressed with his shading and details.  Simon and Paige have always been good at that too.




It is now on the year mark of the day my Mom passed away.  Well, the actual day doesn't exist. She passed on Feb. 29th, leap year!  Seriously Mom?! Actually that's just her style, a unique one of a kind day.  It has been one tough year for me between her passing and us moving, but I am pulling through!
 I remember her telling me when Mark, her husband, had been gone a year she was doing pretty good.  Then,  it just snuck up on her out of her control and she was just really emotional.  The last week I have been just that.  It is just so strange that it can be so out of your control.  A thought comes to mind and instant eyes tear up, throat starts getting tight.  Then the internal dialog... get a grip Ang, get control, you got this.  Because you know it doesn't just happen when you are by yourself.  It's at church, in the grocery store, while driving.  One thing I can tell you is I am blessed to have the husband and kids I do!  They know when I am struggling and just give me that extra hug or I love you.  Tim gave me a card that had just the right words at just the right time.  I not only know that it's them showing me their love but also God showing me His love through them.
So, here a couple pictures I came across of me and my mom.  Mom, I miss you and hate the fact that I can't pick up the phone and talk to you!  My brain just does not want to accept that. But, I know you are completely happy and fine where you are! :)




No comments: