Welcome

Here you will find all kinds of snippets of our lives. Team Crothers are followers of Jesus and strive daily to emulate this.







Friday, May 31, 2013

In Memory

In Memory of:
Mark Marzolla
 
 
 
We are sadden to say that Grandpa Mark, Angie's Step Dad passed away on March 18th.  He had just turned 58 a few weeks before.  He passed from liver and kidney failure.  They told him about 6 weeks before that he needed to be put on the liver transplant list and so they were working on that and he got an infection that just accelerated everything rapidly and caused the kidneys to shut down also. He spent time in the hospital but did get to come home where he wanted to be with my Mom and his cats.
I (Angie) flew out the day after he passed to be with my Mom to help her.  My Aunt also came and helped before I got there and then on the weekends while I was there.  I also have a cousin on my Dad's side who moved to the same town my Mom lives in and she has been a huge help for her before I got there and after I left.  Mark's boss was also an amazing blessing. 

They were not prepared and it was a sudden passing really. No health or life insurance.  I was gone almost a month.  It was really hard to be away from Tim and the kids that long and they had a tough time also but we all made it through.  I did miss Easter and Spring Break with them.  Thankfully Paige is old enough to stay home with the boys til Tim got home from work.  I am thankful it worked out so I could be with my Mom during this time.

We had a very nice service for him, he would have liked it.  So many friends, and co-workers from his various jobs came to the service and reception.  Lots of support from the community there.  They owned a gas station for 9 or 10 years and then the last few years he was a Chef at 2 of the local popular restaurants, so he was known throughout the community.  Thank you to all who helped us through this time especially all the help from the Owners, Management and Staff from the 2 restaurants.

My Mom and I accomplished a lot in just a few weeks.  Please pray for her, she had stopped working about a month before he passed and so now she has gone from his income and her social security and her part time pay to just social security.  So financially things are tight and she has some big decisions to make and legal stuff to figure out. She is doing good for the situation she is in.  I am proud of her for all she is doing and how she is dealing with it all, and all in the midst of her grief.  It will all work out in the end, it's just a process to get there.

I will say if you do not have a will you need one!  Also, if you are married both of you need to know your finances and bills and where you keep your paperwork.  Lessons have been learned that's for sure through this.

Grandpa Mark we miss you and thank you for being a part of our lives.  Simon said he will miss you bringing them ice cream sandwiches every time you visit.  So we will keep those a tradition in your honor.  Mom/Grandma Kathi we love and support you and are always here for you in everything!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Angie, Please tell your mom that I send my love and will keep her in my prayers. Miss you guys!