Welcome

Here you will find all kinds of snippets of our lives. Team Crothers are followers of Jesus and strive daily to emulate this.







Saturday, October 17, 2015

Sept.-part of October 2015

was doing so good at keeping up on the blog and then bam 2 months down. This time I actually have a legitimate excuse for once instead of procrastination! I had a rough 8 weeks with some health issues and was down  and off my game for a bit but all is good now! Long story short I had a kidney stone that the doctor missed (even after me asking if it could be that and was told no you don't have the severe back pain). A simple regular exray would have shown it but that's one thing they didn't do! I had tests done for all sorts of infections, and blood work, was put on 5 different antibiotics and even a shot for all sorts of infections, even the big bad scary ones. All of course I didn't need and they didn't do anything. I finally got them to refer me to a urologist after telling them my pain is constant and keeps getting worse and none of the meds are helping not even the pain pills to which they said just take more. But all is past now and I am so thankful and appreciative to The Lord to feel normal again! And hey now I know I don't have any of those scary things and if anything was trying to start its been killed off by all those meds I took. I have to give a big huge thank you to Tim, he really had to step in and do a lot, on top of it was an extra busy swamped time for him at work. Now I am getting the house back in order and getting back on track! Hence a new blog post!

So here we go! I am just gonna post a bunch of pics and say what they are!
Simon just finished his first ever season of football!

Go Chargers!  green and gold, green and gold! go Beaufort, go BMS, get on the Charger train and ride chugga uh uh...I may now have some of the cheer leaders' cheers stuck in my head!

It was a blast and a joy to watch Simon jump into a sport he had never done. As Mom I was nervous, but he did great and it taught him a lot. Not just for the sport but life lessons too. He took it very seriously and to see the comradeship he formed with team mates and stuff was great. Being a military family it's sometimes hard to build those bonds just because you end up moving so often.

We went to the water fowl and decoy museum out by Cape Lookout on Harkers island.

We love finding the old libraries in these museums around here. We found another really cool one in a museum in Beaufort too a while back.
You can go all the way to the top of the building and go out onto a lookout where you can see for miles all the way around and even the lighthouse over at Cape Lookout across the bay.

Nixon joined archery through the parks and rec.
Even on the muddy days!
He really enjoyed it and hopes to do it again.
The last day they set up the different types of targets they had worked on and got to aim at whichever they wanted.

Speaking of muddy... Yes all that rain and  flooding was bit crazy. We even missed 2 days of school for it. This was one of two roads to get to our neighborhood and for about a week twice a day at high tide it would flood. Our house was fine though!

So this is the dock in our neighborhood we fish at and normally the water does not start until way out there where it curves to the right! That is how much water we got around here! Crazy!

In the middle of the weeks of rain it got sunny one day so down to the North Carolina Seafood festival we went! Fair type food and Tim is there LOL. In all honesty we actually went down for fun the night before too, in our rain boots, Rain jackets and umbrellas.

Even found some gluten free food there for Nixon. Like this giant turkey leg.
And a candy apple!

Nixon enjoyed some rides!
Our kids' all time favorite of any fair, the dragon!



Tim and I got to take part in The military fun day the that the county plans for us once a year. It was a wonderful day. They took us out for free on ferries to Cape Look out and let us climb to the top of the lighthouse and then brought us back over for an amazing pork chop lunch and raffles prizes for everyone. We got a grocery store gift card and one to a local restaurant, along with some free rounds of golf.


Cape Lookout
So this is how high up we were, see the little people on the right! Everyone was huffing and puffing at the top even all the Marines!

Back to our favorite cabin at the KOA in New Bern.

One awake...

One still asleep....
And the other still asleep!

A nice walk out to the dock
Smores Time! Even Nixon still got to have some we found gluten free Grahm Crackers!
 If I didn't say so before we have him on a gluten free diet right now (and still no raw dairy like milk, cheese, yogurt). He has had stomach issues since we lived in Renton and we know dairy for sure bothers him but he still was having troubles. So about 2 months ago we went gluten free with him and to our surprise he is doing much better!
Enjoying a night with a campfire! We were blessed it rained the day before and the next day but our one full day there was perfect and no rain!
We went to the Mum fest for a couple hours and watched a comedian juggler act and he pulled Nixon from the crowd to help him.

For the first half of the show he had Nixon holding the ladder off to the side while he did all his juggling and kept talking to him and assuring him he wouldn't throw the knives at him. Then had Nixon hold the ladder while he juggled and walked up 4 rungs of the ladder then told a guy from the audience to come help Nixon so he could climb to the top! Then had Nixon go for safety and called 3 more guys to hold ropes from it to balance. I will try and post a video later.

We went to Nixon's school Fall fest last night and he had a blast with his friends going through the haunted house about 5 or more times. He also did this surf simulator!

There we go a flash of two months! Of course this is just the fun stuff not the daily stuff of school, work, housework and all that fun stuff LOL! I will post again soon!
Oh wait here is the funny Tucker post for the end!
He fell asleep on my feet! It was like having a bear cub on them and he didn't even look comfortable but he was asleep!

No comments: