Welcome

Here you will find all kinds of snippets of our lives. Team Crothers are followers of Jesus and strive daily to emulate this.







Monday, August 14, 2006

Daddy's Day Out


Tim got to get out of the house! We knew Target had the motorized carts so we took advantage of it. We called in advance and they said they were first come first serve and they only had two. So we took a chance and ran down there and there was one left. At first we weren't too sure because he needs to keep it up but the basket worked great for him to have it up on. I think he really enjoyed getting out of the house. It's been two weeks and the only time out of the house was surgery and the doctors office. Tomorrow (Tuesday) he gets his stitches out and splint cut off then we are onto the next phase. I think an airboot instead of a cast. The top of his foot is completely numb and he is just starting to get some feeling back in one of his toes. As the feeling comes back some pain comes with it. He is handling it all very well I am proud of him. I know he is very frustrated not being able to go play with the kids. Especially on nice sunny days. I think that's the hardest thing for him is not being able to play with the kids outside. He has gotten outside a couple times, we fixed up some chairs and pillows so he could at least watch the kids ride their bikes and get some fresh air. He is one awesome husband and Dad that's forsure. I am very thankful for all he does. Now that he can't do much I am even more thankful and appreciative for what he normally does. He can get up on his crutches for a few minutes before it starts to hurt too much and he made me a sandwich for lunch the other day. I have to keep telling him go sit down I got it! Although I think it must feel good to do some stuff too so you don't feel like all you do is sit on the couch. You can only watch so much T.V. He is getting around pretty good on his crutches. Those will be his legs for a few months. He is one awesome man I love him!

No comments: