BEFORE
AFTER
Here is the before surgery X-Ray and the after surgery X-Ray. In the before one you can see the clean break of the tibia then about 2 niches above that is another splinter part harder to see in this shot. Then you can see how the two bones are separated a bit where they should but up against each other tight. In this view you can't see the bottom part of the fibula that was broke also. Tim ended up with 7 small permanent screws, 1 plate and 2 long screws. In three months he has to have the two long screws taken out. We thought the plate had to come out also but it's only the screws. We were happy to hear that. That is a much easier procedure. The doctor did say that with heightened security in the U.S. the plate might set off a metal detector when traveling. Years ago it would not have but now days it might. So this is where we are at. He goes back in a month to have it looked at. He is still having a good amount of pain so he is still on meds for that. He won't be able to drive for a good while not to mention walk! His stitches were taken out today which wasn't fun. The incision is about 6 to 7 inches long. Basically from below his ankle all the way up to his sock line if he had a tall sock on. I didn't think it would bother me when she took the stitches out but I have to admit I got queasy and light headed and had to sit down. I also didn't it like it that he was in pain. The X-Ray tech lifted his foot up by his toes (who knows why) and it about sent Tim through the roof. I told Tim he was lucky I wasn't sitting next to his crutches I may have grabbed it and hit the guy. I do not like it when Tim is in pain especially when someone else causes it. Grrrrrr.
No comments:
Post a Comment