Welcome

Here you will find all kinds of snippets of our lives. Team Crothers are followers of Jesus and strive daily to emulate this.







Friday, September 01, 2006

Yakima

Sorry it has been a while since I posted. We spontaneously decided to pack up and head up to Yakima (our home town where our parents are) and stay a few days. Since we got back on Monday I have been running around like crazy. We decided on a Tuesday afternoon that we would take off in the middle of the night (3:45am) and head up to Yakima. Tim had to convince me that he would be ok and that I could actually pack us up. I got done packing at 12:30am laid down for 2 hours, the alarm went of at 2:30am and I got the van packed the rest of the way and all 5 of us up and in the car to hit the road at 3:45am. It took 12 1/2 hours to get there. Wow was it long. The kids did great and Tim was pretty sore by the time we got there. He was so glad to be looking at someone eles's walls for a while though. He really didn't do much while we were there, not by choice but he still can't do much yet. I am sure he doesn't want me to say it but I did have to take him to the ER once while we were there. We spent Friday afternoon in there. Basically from him being on crutches and off balance he ended up with a muscle skeletal pull. It got so bad he couldn't move and he couldn't breathe. So they gave him a couple shots of a really good pain killer and sent him home with muscle relaxers and he was much better. I have to say I love that hospital it is by far the nicest one I have ever been to. And we have visited quite a few ER's and Urgent Cares. For some reason we can't seem to go on a trip the last couple years without one of us having to visit one. So to make a long story short we had a wonderful time we stayed Tuesday through the weekend and then took 2 days to get back. The long drive up was a bit much for Tim's leg. We stopped on the way home at my Grandparents for a while in Portland and then stayed the night at our friends, the Schwindt's in Eugene. It was a nice break for all of us. The kids had a blast playing at Grandma's and Grandpa's, it was nice for me to get a break and to have someone else that could help with the kids if needed, and for Tim to just plain get out of our house and sit on someone else's couch. The kids got to play in the hot tub, feed the horses, Simon got to ride in Grandpa Joe's jeep which is one of his favorite things to do! Nixon got to meet his Great Aunt and Uncle, Great Grandparents and Great Great Aunt and Uncle plus the Jolley family (well Brook and Dylan anyways). Nixon even got to meet Angie's friend Steven and his mom Gayleen. Angie met Steven when he was just 2 1/2 years old and is now 16 and have always been buds. It was a fun quick trip that we really needed. Sorry to everyone up in WA that we didn't get a chance to see it was such a rush to get up there and rush back we just couldn't squeeze everyone in. We are planning on coming back up at Christmas time so we will
make sure to squeeze everyone in on that trip










Feeding the horses -- Great Aunt and Uncle













Enjoying the warmth -- Going for a jeep ride!













Shucking corn with Grandma Pat -- Great Grandparents














Grandma & Grandpa -- Great Great Aunt & Uncle

No comments: